Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finally, South Carolina

July 2-12 were wonderful because we were out of Dayton, the muggy, boring city that it is. We were in South Carolina, surrounded by Southern drawls and precious memories. After our few days spent with the Ham Fam, we went to Surfside Beach, SC (only 12 miles S. of Myrtle Beach). It's not so "touristy", and it's friendly to calm, peace-seeking vacationers. Mom and Dad rented a condo at Maritime Place, the same Condo building they rented from three years ago where Jason and I got engaged. It was so great to be back where we said, "I love you" for the first time and had our very first kiss! And who knew we'd have a 9 month old and another baby on the way...not us! Totally not in our plans to have two children already, but God is way better at planning than we are, so we surrender! We shared the week with our dear friends, the Barkers. Sun-worshipping, wave-riding, reading, swimming, napping, eating out, and Dutch Blitz turned our week together into a wonderful time of memories. Not to mention, Mike and Maggie joined us unexpectedly and stayed a few days before trekking back to Boston. And of course, having a 9 month old with us had it's joys and setbacks. But most of all, it was great to be with everyone who we hold so dear to us.
"Daddy, look over there!"

Maggie and Reagan

"I'm the #1 swimmer!"

Same place we got engaged

Splish splash family

Jason and Reagan

Toes in the sand


Mike, Maggie, Becca, me, Jason, and Reagan

Mom, me, Maggie, and Becca

Same place we had pictures taken after our engagement three summers ago...

Mike and Dad


Me and Reagan

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome pictures. I absolutely loved sharing this vacation with my family. Every memory was precious.

Amber said...

Wow Rachel, all of these pictures are so wonderful! Just gorgeous. It looks like you had such a great time with family, and the fact that it was at the beach makes everything better :)

MTH said...

thanks for the great pics! The ones on your blog, I mean--Maggie is picking up the Walgreen's ones tomorrow. Toes in the sand is probably my favorite, but that one of the three of you against the wall in the same place you were 3 years ago is just as amazing :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Surfside Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane