Monday, November 17, 2008

What if I just want to?

Well just like I had the "hurry up, autumn" syndrome, I now have the "hurry up, Christmas" syndrome. I'm really thinking about putting up our Christmas tree this week before we head for Denver. I know I'm crazy for thinking that--I have not the time for such things. But I can't help it, I love Christmas. (How cute are these two from last Christmas?)
This upcoming Thursday will be bittersweet for us. Jason and I will be going to Denver for a wedding Jason is officiating! However, our little Reagan will be staying back in Dayton. My parents will be watching her for us while we're in Denver for the weekend. I'm not going to do well saying goodbye to my little one--I'm dreading Thursday, yet I'm so ready for time with Jason. We'll enjoy his last few days of sabbatical together focusing on our marriage and what the future holds for us in the areas of family, work, and the holidays.

Looking forward to: Quads on Wednesday night, Denver on Thursday, the wedding on Saturday, seeing Reagan again on Sunday, watching more West Wing (whenever the dvd is returned to the library so we can borrow it, immediately), going to Pennsylvania to spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents and Uncle Al, watching more West Wing, Recipe Club, West Wing...and Mike and Maggie coming back for Joey and Jenny's wedding!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

More power to ya! I thought about putting my tree up too! I needed you today at the mall, when looking for some long underwear for Mike (yes, he asked for it) a salesmen that strutts exactly like UC helped me out, twice. The resemblance was uncanny. Scary...

Lisa said...

Your girls are tempting me with all this tree talk. I may have to put up the dining room tree this weekend.

Traci said...

Great picture! I love Christmas, too... especially all the carols already on the radio!!! Can't they just play them all year long?!

Kate said...

I'm ready to decorate, too! I hope you have a great trip with Jason. I remember leaving Haven for the first time for any length of time. It was hard, but easier then I thought. Praying that the Lord gives you peace as you say goodbye to her for a few days!