Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reagan's Big Deals

This week has been a big week for us! Little Reagan has shocked me with developmental skills, organizational skills, and her lack of whining skill...
Kristi Rogers came over on Wednesday and was playing on the floor with Reagan. Kristi's Starbucks mug was very enticing to Reagan and as soon as Reagan got in her funky crawling position I said, "Yeah--she gets all ready to crawl and then she leans back down on her little butt." Well I spoke too soon because Reagan not only stayed in the funky crawling formation, but she started towards the mug! She did this several times and we were so excited! I admit I shed a few tears of joy and happiness for her. Jason and I were starting to get worried about her lower back, hip, and leg development since it was taking her so long to figure out crawling and even dragged her left leg when she walked. But the walking is perfect now (while gripping our fingers for security), and while her crawling is awkward, the doc. said it's nothing to be concerned about! Phew! Thanks, Kristi, for being around for such a momentous occasion!

Cheers!


Next skill: Reagan organizing her fruity cheerios. I put a pile of fruity cheerios on her tray the other morning like I always do. She loves to look at them then stuff them in her mouth but that morning she had other things on her cheerio agenda. I left the kitchen, probably to blow my nose for the thousandth time that morning, and returned to a tray organized by color. She put all the red ones together, grouped the purples together, and was eating the green ones. Maybe this is normal for an almost 11 month old...but it did surprise me!

Final skill worth noting: Yesterday marked the fourth day Reagan had a stuffy, runny nose. Her temp wasn't very high but she had one. I thought it might be a good idea to get her looked at by our pediatrition before the weekend came just in case an infection developed over the weekend. After some nasty sneezes which revealed a bright green infection, I was glad the appointment was already scheduled. Jason and I took her to the doc. and we learned little Reagan has a double ear infection. Which brings me to her skill worth mentioning, she acted totally normal these past four days, just had a runny nose! No whining, no crying (except for bed and nap times), walking like crazy, crawling for the first time...So--deal is sealed, when Reagan has a slight symptom of a cold or flu--to the doc. she goes. I was the opposite. I'd make up symptoms and always dramatized my slight ailment just to get attention and get out of school. Thank goodness Reagan has Jason's, "I'll suck it up and go on with my life, in fact--can I go organize some cheerios, please?" gene.

7 comments:

Beccy said...

Go Reagan! My boys still don't organize anything by color and
Seth is 3. I am so impressed! :o) Lots of love.

Amber said...

yay Reagan!!! Can't wait to see that crawl.

Maggie said...

Yeah Reagy-Roo! We are so proud of her and can't wait to watch her crawl! Give her kisses for us! Love ya

MTH said...

unbelievable. i can't believe she's organizing cheerios. who does she get that from? and she's crawling! almost time to put the gate up : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah Reagan!!! How exciting! :-)

Garrett & Meg said...

hey Rachel! found you on here through Amber. Reagan is getting so big! i miss seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

mum want to watch me pull her pants and diaper off and stick my toung in her arse, then she can watch me take off your jeans and knickers, suck your clit and p---y before enjoying both your tight holes, I finish by blowing a nice load on her bald puffy p---y mmmmmmmmmmm want to lick it all up mummy, nice fresh load and baby p---y