Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We Three Wings...Are Now Four!

Yes! As you can imagine by the title and the picture of the three pregnancy tests above, we are expecting Wing baby number two! We found out about 2 1/2 weeks ago...and the story goes like this: It was a nice, beautiful, sunny, Sunday afternoon and I had this suspicion that something was different. I had a feeling for a few days that something was at work--but waited until that Sunday to actually ask Jason to pick up a pregnancy test on his way home from the Apex building. So he agreed and went to Dollar General to pick up a test. The clerks suggested he get two since they were $1 each...just in case one was defunct. So I drank up and took the two $1 tests. The tests came back negative after 30 seconds. So I left the bathroom sad yet totally ok with the negative tests. After letting Jason know it was a no go I made some coffee and did some kitchen cleaning. I went back to the bathroom to throw the tests away and saw the shock of a lifetime...the positive lines had become clear. Panic immediately set in. I yelled from the bathroom to Jason in the kitchen, "Oh my word, I am NOT even kidding!" "What", Jason replied, with doubt and excitement in his voice. "The lines are here, both tests, they're there. Oh my gosh--I'm pregnant. I'm so pregnant!" So after we pondered two positive tests for 45 minutes, we decided me taking a more reliable, expensive test would be a good idea. So Jason headed to CVS to pick up a $8 test. He was so distracted by the idea of another baby on the way that he drove to the gas station instead, got out, realized he was NOT at CVS, then went to get the test. Needless to say, the third test was positive right away and we prepared ourselves for another Winglet! I'll be honest in that I was very scared and nervous, and somewhat selfish the first day or two. Thinking about raising two little ones almost 18 months apart really intimidated me. But the Lord really encouraged me because I know He wasn't surprised by this and He reminds me always that I have such supportive friends and family nearby. So...Jason's ecstatic, I'm excited now, and Reagan is still clueless but really cute. We are officially 7 weeks pregnant, and we can expect this baby to arrive March 7, 2009.
A few days later, we went to South Carolina for 10 days and I'll have more to post on that in a few. I thought I'd post in order of events and the pregnancy news preceeded SC. So yes, here we come--all four of us. Here's a picture of us with baby #2 at Garden City Beach, SC.

11 comments:

lydia said...

Mostly I just like the way your butt looks in this picture~;-)

Amber said...

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I have not stopped thinking about it the last few weeks and how excited I am that our babies will be close in age. I already can't wait to meet my little neice or nephew! And you can do two little ones, and it's fun!!! I know you'll be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Aw!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

abi-

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Congrats! So fun!

my life: said...

OH my goodness! I happend onto your blog with such an exciting post!!! Congratulations!!!! I love new life and your photo is brilliant!
amber, not to be confused with....amber :^)

Kristi said...

Congrats!!! I found out from your blog cuz your hubby 'forgot' to mention it in staff meeting yesterday =o)

So happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rachel. :-) I would love to take some of Miss Reaggy-Roo sometime; just let me know! Maybe we can go to the park and hang out and take some with the duckies... she'd love it!

Maggie said...

You are a perfect Mommy! I can't wait to love on my new neice or nephew! Give Jason our love!

brandi nicole said...

RACH!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! i am so excited for you guys!! you are such precious parents & i am thrilled that God has blessed ya'll with another sweet little one! Know that Im praying for you guys & love you bunches!

Beccy said...

Congratulations!!! I just found your blog and got a nice surprise! 18 mo. apart is crazy for the first year, but lots and lots of fun after that. :o)! We are in NE without Andrew who is at school right now. Painting our first home. You can check out my blog page for stories and pictures. Lots of love and prayers today.